Telephone: 01264 358180

Mental Health Teams are run jointly by the Health Service and Adult Services, and deal with people's health and social care needs. They help people in the community, whether they have just become ill, have a short-term illness, or need on-going support (for example, if they have a long-term illness, or after they have been discharged from a psychiatric hospital). Doctors and other specialists can see people as necessary, and 'care co-ordinators' - who can be community psychiatric nurses (CPNs), social workers or occupational therapists (OTs) - draw up a care plan for each person and arrange the help and care that's needed. Care might include medication, sessions at a day centre, or help at home from a 'support worker' who can give emotional support and help with day-to-day life. If you get help from a Mental Health Team you may be eligible to get money from Adult Services so that you can organise your own care by using the direct payments scheme. If you live in the Andover or Romsey the Mental Health services are provided in partnership with Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust.